The major objective of developing Mega Leather Cluster is to create world-class infrastructure and to integrate the production chain in a manner that caters to the business needs of the leather industry so as to cater to the domestic market and exports. In brief, these mega clusters will assist the entrepreneurs to set up world-class units with modern infrastructure, latest technology, and adequate training and Human Resource Development (HRD) inputs. The development of Mega Leather Clusters would kept in creating additional employment opportunities, particularly for the weaker sections of society.
- To Promote, establish, develop, improve, maintain, operate, International Leather Park in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- To promote establish, improve, develop own and run Flaying and Curing Centers, Hides Exchanges and Tanneries, besides hosting production units of all segments namely footwear, footwear components leather goods (including gloves), leather garments & saddler & harness items.
- To Manufacture, buy, import, export, sell and generally deal in all kind of leather and leather goods;
- To manufacture buy, import, export, sell and generally deal in all varieties of vegetable tan-stuffs, tanning chemicals, acids, solutions and compounds, utilized for tanning and all types of grinderies, eyelets, toe-plates, horse-shoes and nails, panel pins, shoe polishes, wax balls, buckles, for manufacturing all types of footwear and leather goods and;
- To aid, counsel, assist, and protect and promote the interest of leather industries in the State of Andhra Pradesh whether owned or by the Government statutory body, company, firm or individuals, and to provide them with, means, resources and technical and managerial assistance for the prosecution of their work and business, to enable them to develop and improve their methods of manufacture, management and marketing and their technique of production.